Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Meeting 7: Total Dedication to God (7/2/09)

Hi there, blog readers!

We have an announcement to make ....
*drumroll*

We have completed Set 1 of the Bright Lights materials!! :D

Our 7th meeting was on the 7th of February, and to celebrate it (as well as Chinese New Year :) ) we had a lunch get together with some of the parents. During the lunch my mum and I (Christine) had the opportunity to share with them a little bit more about the vision of Bright Lights as a discipleship group for girls. I'm really grateful for the enthusiasm and support the parents have given to our Bright Lights group - for all the driving to and fro, preparation of food, encouragement, prayers, etc...!



The Bright Lights group keeps going because of their support... so thank you, Mums and Dads!


Its amazing how God never fails to bring people for the BL meetings.
While Peiching and Sharlene couldn't make it on that Saturday, we had 2 new friends join us- April and Phoebe! (Well, we already knew Phoebe, but since she lives in Singapore, it was really nice to meet her again :-) )

During the meeting, we talked about how the previous lessons were like bricks which would be part of the foundation that we lay for our lives. Total dedication to God would be equivalent to cement, in that it holds everything together. While we may not always be able to be perfectly dedicated to God because of our human nature, it is important that we always desire to be totally committed to God. He has promised that His grace is made perfect in our weaknesses!

p/s. You may have noticed that we missed a post for Meeting 5 which was "Understanding the Fear of God".
I don't have pictures for that particular meeting because I accidentally deleted some of them, and lost the rest in my dad's laptop which isn't working at the moment. Hopefully the pictures in the laptop are safe.
If they are, I'll definitely post them after the laptop is repaired.

3 comments:

phoebe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
phoebe said...

Hi Christine! I had a great time at your Bright Lights meeting!
Btw, I'm moving back to KL, so that means that I'll be able to attend your BLs meeting much more often!YAY!

Angeline, I like the layout!

Unknown said...

Hello! This is Allison from the Rebelution forum. Thank you so much for your encouragement about Bright Lights! I loved looking at all the pictures of your group & what you've done. If you'd like to see pictures of my group our blog is www.brightlightsa.blogspot.com. God Bless!